There are many people that are interested in showing their horses from diverse backgrounds all heading to the ranch events. From pattern classes through to cattle events and roping. We have people interested from cutting, reining, campdraft, breed shows, horsemanship, roping to name a few. Our shows have a broad attendance and numbers can quickly reach 50-80 entries.
For ranch to grow, we need motivated individuals who would like to organise a local sanctioned show/s in their area. Approved Show status is available for individuals and groups to organise and conduct a local Ranch Horse Show under Australian Ranch Horse (ARH) rules. See rule book.
Insurance is provided through Australian Ranch Horse for shows only. We do not do affiliation or club programmes, only local shows.
We also provide you with support for managing memberships & eligibility, entries, draws and results.
To conduct a ranch horse show you are required to:
- Follow our marketing strategy to attract a broad group of people that all have a passion for ranch and different standards of riding
- Have six event categories on the program including one cattle event – some people may want to make the show a feature of roping, or cutting or whatever your interest is in your area
- Hold classes for open, amateur owner, youth, novice youth, novice amateur and amateur freshman competitors. Option for all age classes too.
- Use an approved judge – we assist you in selecting judges
- Show Organisers, Exhibitors and Owners must be members of ARH
- Meet the requirements as set out in the Approved Show Application Form
- The shows must comply with the ARH rule book.
Download the Guide and then if interested, please contact us to discuss running a ranch horse show in your area.