The Australian Ranch Horse (ARH) is committed to the humane and proper treatment of all animals. In this respect:
- The welfare of the horse is the primary consideration in all activities
- Horses will be treated with kindness, respect, and compassion at all times.
- Responsible care will be used by all parties in handling, treatment and transportation of horses.
- Horsemen and women as owners, exhibitors, or trainers will ensure the health and well-being of animals in their care at all times.
- In ARH classes or activities that involve the use of cattle, ARH strives to safeguard the welfare of the cattle as well as the welfare of both horses and riders.
- ARH has a zero-tolerance welfare policy. Please refer to the ARH Rule Book for full details.
A Zero Tolerance Welfare Policy Stands for Inhumane treatment or abuse of a horse in any manner and is strictly prohibited. This includes any act which the general public would perceive to constitute inhumane treatment or abuse of a horse. Any act of inhumane treatment, abuse or intent to abuse a horse will be dealt with immediate expulsion from the event and in eligibility to compete at any future events.