GREATEST HORSEMAN DOWNUNDER
Four Phases: Cutting, Reining, Cow Horse Fence Work, Roping
- Two divisions – Greatest Horseman Downunder and Greatest Horsewoman Downunder
- Greatest Horseman Downunder nominations will close on 15th August 2021. Nomination is for one single rider and horse combination. A rider can enter several horses, each horse deemed an individual nomination. Horses can be changed up until 15th August 2021. No Rider changes accepted.
- Nominations via Nominate. No entries will be accepted by other processes.
Early Bird Nominations:
- Full payment is required to nominate for each horse/rider combination. Entries fees and timing:
- Total entry Fee $500.
- Late fees apply of $100 per missed timeline.
- No entries will be accepted after 19th August 2021.
- Horse/Rider combination must compete in all four events of the first go-round to be eligible for the finals. Horse/Rider combinations must compete in all four events in the finals to be eligible for placings.
- Winner is highest aggregated score per division (Horseman/Horsewoman). Placings are based on scores in each class aggregated to a total score.
- Two rounds – 1st Go-round one on TBA Finals (top 10 open and top 5 amateurs) on TBA commencing at approximately 5pm.
- Horses must be four years and older as at 1st August 2020 to compete in Greatest Horseman Downunder
- Roping is steer stopping Horseman and breakaway Horsewoman from the heelers side (Right). A roping or horn saddle must be used to complete the dally requirement of the class.
- Riders must have competed in Working Cow Horse or Campdraft Events previously or events demonstrating experience in working livestock at a fast pace. ARH reserves the right to refuse entries of riders who cannot demonstrate sufficient experience in working cattle.
- Scratchings – Vet Certificate and copy of treatment bill for horse required. A $200 admin fee applies for all scratchings from Greatest Horseman Event.
- No logos or promotion of brands or sponsors on horses or riders is allowed.
- Greatest Horseman is a feature event. Horses entered in Greatest Horseman are not eligible to shown in the Ranch Show classes being conducted on the same weekend.
- You can only enter one division and compete on the same horse in all four phases. No rider changes allowed.
- You can enter multiple horses.
- Australian Ranch Horse reserves the right to cancel the event if insufficient entries are received and a full refund of entries will be provided to nominations.
- Greatest Horseman Competitor/horse combination must be in the arena, saddled for the presentation of the winner, whether placing or not. Riders must present in show attire. Where a competitor/horse have left the property or do not arrive in the arena for the presentation, the reward will default to the next highest score.
- Placegetters must be available for photos post the event.