Interested in holding a Local Ranch Horse Show?
We understand there are motivated individuals who would like to organise a local show in their area. Approved Show status is available for individuals and groups to organise and conduct a local Ranch Horse Show under Australian Ranch Horse (ARH) rules.
Insurance is provided through Australian Ranch Horse Show Management so you do not have to hold your own current insurance or be an affiliate.
To conduct a ranch horse show you are required to:
- Have a minimum 15 horses competing at the event
- Have six event categories on the program including one cattle event
- Hold classes for open, amateur owner, youth, novice amateur and freshman competitors
- Have an NRCHA or ARHA judge. An certified judge from other Associations with recent experience competing in events will be considered.
- Show Organisers, Exhibitors and Owners must be members of ARH
- Meet the requirements as set out in the Approved Show Application Form.
- The shows cannot be operated in conjunction with any other show approval and must comply with the ARH rule book.
Please contact us to discuss running a ranch horse show in your area.
Current Approved Local Judges List:
- Wayne Hinder (SA)
- Glenn Wyse (QLD)
- Steve Thake (QLD)
- Dave Young (NZ)
Exhibitors at Local Shows will be eligible to participate in:
Titles & Awards
Australian Ranch Horse offers competitors the opportunity to participate in Titles and Awards. Participation requires horses to be licenced, and is optional for all members. Full details are in the rule book.
- Register of Merit (Rom)
- Ranch Horse Champion
- Superior Event Horse
- Super Ranch Horse
- Performance Versatility Award
- Certificate of Superior Ability
- Gold Medallion Award
- Ranch Horse of The Year (Honour Roll)
- Year End High Point Award
Australian Ranch Horse is not connected with the AQHA or any other breed association. We welcome all breeds and unregistered horses.